- Natural Stone
- Porcelain Tile
- Ceramic Tile
- Glass Tile
- Engineered Stone
- Other Materials
Geology of Granite
A very hard, crystalline, igneous rock, gray to pink in color, composed of feldspar, quartz, and lesser amounts of dark ferromagnesium materials.
Some granites have higher absorption and/or lower abrasion resistance than may be expected. Some granites are resin-treated to enhance the color and fortify the surface of the stone.
Care + Maintenance Tips
- Always check the absorption rating.
- Always check the abrasion resistance rating.
- Always seal this material prior to use.
- Do not use resin-filled material outside, as the resin will discolor over time.
- Fabricators will often need to resin-treat the exposed edges to match the surface of the material.